New Condos in Downtown Portland, Oregon
Let us Help You Find the Right Condo
We can help you with finding a new or existing condo in the Portland metro area. If you’re interested in in a condo, call me at 503-497-5061. You can also e-mail me.
Condos for Sale in Downtown Area
View all the for condos currently for sale in downtown Portland by visiting Downtown Condos for Sale. The homes displayed are from the downtown area neighborhoods: Downtown, Goose Hollow, Northwest District, and the Pearl District. You can expand your search by using the SpatialMatch search system.
Maps of Downtown Portland and Other Resources
- Downtown Buildings and Projects Map showing the location of major buildings, condos, projects under construction, and planned projects.
- Public Transportation in Downtown Map showing the MAX light rail route, streetcar route, and bus routes in the downtown area.
- Next Portland They write about multi-family residential, retail, cultural buildings, educational buildings, hotels and other large projects happening in the City of Portland.
Pearl Tallest Tower: The Cosmopolitan
The Pearl District’s biggest landholder is laying the groundwork for three new high-rises on the district’s North fringe, where development stalled during the recession. Hoyt Street Properties, which controls eight undeveloped blocks in the area, is selling one for an apartment building that could stretch 18 stories high. It would be built through a partnership between a national developer based in Atlanta and two of Hoyt Street’s four partners.
All three towers — the 28-story Cosmopolitan, the 16-story “Block 17” project and the 26-story Overton Apartments — are all located within blocks of one another. Together, all three structures they will create more than one million square feet of real estate, 150 condo units, 565 apartments and 608 parking stalls. The project will cost about $80 million to build.
Development has turned in recent years to the northern edge of the Pearl District, the buildings have been more glassy, slim and contemporary. That slowed for a few years during the Great Recession, but today the real estate economy has returned, with numerous tall apartment and condo buildings planned.
Situated between Tanner Springs Park and the Fields Park, the quarter-block tower will rise 340 feet, making it not only the Pearl’s tallest building but one of the tallest in Portland, with only five buildings rising higher, all downtown: the Wells Fargo Center, US Bancorp Tower, KOIN Center, PacWest Center, Fox Tower and Standard Insurance Center. The Cosmopolitan will be 15 feet higher than the South Waterfront’s tallest building, the John Ross Tower.
- Location: NW 10th Avenue & NW Glisan Street. The Pearl District’s Block 15 is NW 10th & NW 11th and NW Northrup and NW Overton.
- Description: The goal is to make the tallest thinnest building possible and also to make it appear taller and thinner than it is. Boora has created inset decks as outdoor rooms in all the tower units. These inset decks cut into the crystalline glass massing of the tower and essentially create the appearance of four smaller thinner connected glass volumes (one at each corner) and emphasizes the towers verticality. The placement of these cuts and their offsets as they move up the tower also serve to create a more sculptural massing for the tower.
- Number of Units: 150 that will include garden lofts (700-800 sq. ft.), one bedroom and one bedroom with den (754-1256 sq. ft.), two bedrooms and two bedrooms with den (1108-1600 sq.ft.), large two bedrooms with den on floors 19-25 (1662-1774 sq. ft.) and Penthouses on floors 26-28 (1919-3366 sq. ft.).
- Architects: Boora Architects Inc.
- Developer: Hoyt Street Properties.
- Green: LEED Platinum.
- Parking: Underground parking.
- Sales: The Cosmopolitan Pre-sales started November 7th, 2014. As of mid November 2015 close to 90% of the condominium homes have been sold. Call 503-227-2000.
- Completion Date: Construction started in July, 2014 and the building will be completed in June, 2016.
Hoyt Street Properties Proposed Tower in the Pearl District
The proposed project, announced December 1, 2015 by developer Hoyt Street Properties, will be a 20-story high rise located next to the Fields Neighborhood Park. Boora Architects of Portland is designing the building, which will be located in the North Pearl, bounded by 11th and 12th Avenue and Pettygrove and Quimby Street. It will have 150 units and 190 parking spaces.
We will update our readers as additional information becomes available.
- Location: North Pearl, bounded by 11th and 12th Avenue and Pettygrove and Quimby Street. See transit map of downtown.
- Architects: Boora Architects Inc.
- Developer: Hoyt Street Properties
- Construction Type: New construction.
- Green: Unknown
- Number of Units: 150
- Sales: No date announced as of December 1, 2015.
- Completion Date: Unknown